Monday, November 15, 2010

Design your Monday...

So normally, Mondays are loathed, despised and dreaded. So before you even start the day, you have doomed it to weekday hell. Well, WAKE UP, people. Let this day breathe light into a week of productivity and experiences. DECIDE right NOW that TODAY is going to ROCK. Make a tiny to-do list of things you KNOW you CAN accomplish. Setting expectations- HIGH expectations- will only lead to disappointment when they are not met. Start simple, no big umbrella ideas. Here's my To-Do for Today..

-organize patterns from development
-work out a pattern for new short- make 1 sample (I can always do a second draft if I have time)
-deposits to the bank
-put away laundry- it will make the space more clean, therefor my mind gets more clear!!

Cool- attainable tasks and I will feel SO accomplished when they are complete. There is nothing wrong with setting yourself up for success. So often we do the exact opposite, because we expect SO MUCH from yourselves and others. If you are in an environment where you rely on others to get things done, ask them to do the task, but have them break it down part by part, so they can have multiple wins leading up to completing the task- the ultimate win :)

So you have things to DO.. that's great. But often we get wrapped up in the DO this DO that.... We are not HUMAN-DOINGS, we are HUMAN-BEINGS!! Make your TO-BE list, or you can call it your I-AM list, as we live in the present. Maybe this list is simply what you are feeling, what you want to feel or HOW you are going to BE today. Here's my I-AM list..

-open hearted
-peaceful, calm
-meditate or concentrate for a few minutes if my work starts to get frustrating or overwhelming (it's got potential)
-smile- dance session? ok!
-I want to feel more positive- I know I am talented, I know I will succeed, because what I do comes from the LOVE I have for myself, the LOVE I receive from others, and the LOVE that I share..
-yoga :)

Simple, come back to some key words throughout the day, LOVE, PEACE, OPEN, SMILE, CALM, BREATHE, SUCCESS-- those little reminders will give you a boost and bring awareness to FEELING good throughout your day!

OH! and totally get on the mat... if you can't get to a class, you know what to do!! Maybe a few sun salutations, a pose or two to open your heart, do something active where you can let your mind quiet from the day's hustle and bustle.. Go for a walk and simply focus on your breath, make a rhythm out of your steps and see how refreshed you are by the end. Yoga can present changes inside your mind and body that will bring light, love and happiness into your life. In some capacity, do yoga today :)

Me, I'll be heading to the HOT room.. in my Bum Bums..... http://www.kdeerhauteyogawear.com/ --I have to test my sample ;)

<3 k.deer

1 comment:

  1. This just made me smile... and want to make a list so I can cross things off!

    And get on my mat in my bum bums in the morning!!

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts! Open your mind and heart!