Thursday, November 18, 2010

Change is good :)

Stepping into the hot yoga room may change your life. It changed mine. My practice at first was a serious love/hate battle- I cursed myself for coming when it got hard but the moment it ended, I was thankful and stronger and planning tomorrow so I could make it back. Bikram yoga made me change my perspective on how I viewed myself, inside and out. For the most part, the dialog offered instruction and guidance through the physical practice without any spiritual inspiration. But the motivation and reinforcement to stick with the pose, burn it out, stay still, don't fidget and stay in the room- makes a significant impact on your ability to have self control, focus and determination. Without realizing it, I designed my own spiritual connection with the practice and ultimately taught myself how to connect with the present and look inward. No one is in the room there doing the work for you. YOU are in control and YOU have the power to make change in your body and mind. Start there. Then perhaps, change may start to take place in the world around you. Namaste :-)

http://www.kdeerhauteyogawear.com/

<3 k.deer

1 comment:

Please share your thoughts! Open your mind and heart!